CPD Self Evaluation
The exact questions are down to you, but we would suggest something like the following:
- What do I want to achieve this year? in my work? with my life?
- What would characterise the type of person that I want to be? What sort of career? What sort of personal life? What sort of intellectual abilities or interests?
- Am I in a position to make those things happen? Am I giving sufficient focus and time to making those things happen?
- Do I need to learn anything or develop new skills to make those things happen?
- Am I actively taking steps towards my goals? Am I making use of the support available to help me achieve my goals?
Personal development planning involves taking the answers to questions like these and using the answers to decide where you want to go and how you will get there.
That journey is one on which you will reflect at specific points to make sure that you are going in the right direction and to decide whether you need to make any changes in what you are doing or how you are doing it.
The process of self-evaluation is essential to develop, The self-evaluation questionnaire which is offered is one way of exploring the areas of your professional practice that might benefit from attention.
This tool is based upon the Professional Standards for those working in learning and development in the vocational, post-compulsory education and training sector in the United Kingdom established by the Society for Education and Training (part of the Education and Training Foundation).
At the end of the three stages you will identify the areas in which you might seek to develop based on your evaluation of your competence measured against the professional standards.
Main Introduction page
You are welcome to edit this page and contribute to the development of this article.
For more information you can review contributing to the wiki